- Posted March 14 2021
- By vasi_butuc
How Google Analytics Helps to Boost Your SEO
A website is futile without visitors !
If you don’t have any visitors on your site, you will run out of business. Because of this reason, most of the site owners go with professional SEO agencies or digital marketing companies to boost traffic on the site.
There are many different ways by which you can attract visitors to your site. Out of all the ways, the best one is SEO strategies.
Digital marketers use various SEO techniques to improve the ranking of your site. Once the ranking improves, site traffic will naturally increase.
However, you need to use a tool to measure the effectiveness of the strategy. If you don’t measure the site traffic or user behaviour, you will never come to know the difference.
You need to use a web analytics tool to measure the performance and progress of your site. Out of all the analytics tools, the best one is Google Analytics.
It is a free analytics platform by Google, which helps you collect and process data from the web and check reports.
These reports help you measure site traffic, user keyword performance, time spent on your site, location of the users, and many more things.
To use this service for free, you just need to sign up with your Google Account and install it on your website with a code.
After that, it will give you all the vital information you can use to check the efficiency of your SEO strategies and improve it.
Boosting SEO with Google Analytics:
You can do many things with Google Analytics. It provides you with different reports, which are crucial for SEO. All the information and insights from the reports will help you to boost your SEO.
1. Real-Time Reports:
If you want real-time data about the visitors and site traffic, you can use this report in Google Analytics. When you update a post on your website, you can use this option to check how many people are reading it. The Real-Time option is given on the left side of the dashboard. You can check the last 15 or 30 minutes of activity on your site. You will find many other types of real-time reports in this option.
• Locations: If you want to check the location of the visitors, you can use this report. It will help you to know what page the visitors from different locations are checking. You can also check the time they spend on each page.
• Content: You can use this report to check which pages the visitors are checking on your site and how long they have been on the page. You can also see the number of active users on each page.
• Traffic Sources: This report helps you to know where the users are coming from. You can check if they visit your site directly by entering the URL or via a social media post. It helps you to develop effective SEO strategies to boost traffic.
• Conversions: You can use this report to check if a particular strategy has increased the conversion rate. You can check the goals and the number of people who have completed the goals in real-time.
• Events: This report helps you to check the custom interactions on your site. For example, you can check the visitors who click on the links or download something from your site.
2. Behaviour Reports:
This type of report helps you know what the visitors do on your site or what action they take. You can check how they visit your site, what they check, how to speed the website works, etc. Here are some reports you can use under the behaviour option.
• Behaviour Flow: It helps you check the track of the events and the flow of the user’s behaviour. For example, they visit your site, read the post and make the purchase.
• Site Speed: This report helps you check how quickly the pages on your site load when they visit it.
• Site Content: You can get various details from this report. It helps you to check what type of device the user has, source of traffic, conversion, etc. In short, it helps you to know how well the content you posted on the site is doing.
• Site Search: It helps you to know when visitors are using the search option on your site. You can also check what they are searching for.
• Experiments: You can use this option to check if the latest experiment is working fine. For example, you can check if the new page design helps to gain visitors.
• Publisher: This report helps you check how your site makes money, i.e. impressions, clicks, etc.
3. Audience Reports:
This report helps you to group users. You can check how many people have searched for your site or how many people have purchased from your site. All you need to do is define and group the audience and then check the reports. Here are some of the important reports.
• Active Users: You can use it to check the number of active users on your site in the last 30 days.
• Cohort Analysis: It helps you to sort the users as per characteristics and get reports about them. For example, you can check the number of visitors on the first day of the ad launch.
• Lifetime Value: You can use it to check the lifetime value of all the users acquired through different channels. It will help you to know which channel to focus on.
• User Explorer: This report will give you data about specific visitor or user on your site.
• Audiences: You can use this report to further divide the audience. It helps you to create small audiences of up to 20.
• Demographics: This report will give you accurate information about the users in terms of gender and age.
• Interests: You can obtain data about the users as per their interests. You can categorize the users based on their interests.
• Mobile: It helps you to know the type of device used by the visitors. You can even check the type of mobile phone they are using.
4. Conversion Reports:
If you want to check how many users have completed actions on your site, you can use this option. It will help you know how many visitors have subscribed to your newsletter or purchased a product from your site.
5. Acquisition Reports:
This report helps you to know how people visit your site. You can also check what they do on your site or what actions they complete. You can use various reports like Google Ads report, All Traffic report, social media reports and Campaigns report with this option.
These are some of the reports you can obtain via Google Analytics. All the data from the reports help you to develop SEO and marketing strategies. It also helps you to check if the current strategy is meeting all the goals.